LML is a moderated email list initiated by Dr Salvatore Noto in 2001. At present (January 2018) it counts about 550 members. It is managed jointly by an editorial team of four persons – Dr Pieter Schreuder, Dr Salvatore Noto, Dr Ben Naafs and Dr Sunil Deepak.
To receive LML messages
If you wish to receive LML messages and you want to share messages on LML, send an email to: editorlml(at)gmail.com (substitute “(at)” with @ in the email address). Subscription to the list is free.
The main objective of the LML is to share information on the disease Leprosy, its control & rehabilitation with e-mail and Internet users around the world.
The specific objectives of LML are to –
- divulge information about leprosy, its causes, burden, prevention and treatment;
- share information about management of leprosy control activities and programmes;
- share information about socio-cultural aspects of leprosy and the rehabilitation of patients with disabilities;
- offer a distance learning tool in leprosy for health professionals;
- create a forum to discuss the main issues on leprosy and its control activities and programmes.
All messages shared on LML are published automatically on the LML Blog. Therefore, you can also follow LML through the blog without subscribing to the mailing list. However, the Blog does not include any attached files circulated with the messages. The LML blog address is: http://leprosymailinglist.blogspot.com/
Old archives of LML
Some of the old archives of LML (2003-2013) are available from the old Aifo website. Sometimes, the old archives may not be visualised properly or may not open properly. We are not able to maintain that website and regret if you are unable to find the documents you are searching for. The old archives can be found at the following address: http://english.aifo.it/leprosy/mailing_list/index.htm